Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The Most Important Thing About You


"What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us."- Tozer

Jesus is polarizing. John 7 reveals that. Verse 43 tells us people were divided because of him. 
Why? Because what we believe about Him is the most important thing about us. 
It determines if we live FOR or if we live FROM. 
We live FOR our thirst to be quenched or we live FROM the Thirst Quencher. 
We live FOR righteousness or we live FROM His Righteousness. 
We live FOR victory or we live FROM His victory. 
We live FOR satisfaction or FROM our satisfaction in HIM. 
We live FOR love or we live FROM His perfect love. 
Jesus says in verse 38, "Whoever believes in me as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow FROM within him." (my emphasis added) 
FROM is inside-out living. FOR is outside-in.
FROM is transformational. FOR is temporary.
FROM is grace filled. FOR is effort filled. 
FROM is empowering. FOR is draining. 
FROM is focused. FOR is afraid. 
In every part of our lives we are choosing to live FOR or to live FROM. 

I am asking God to show me where I've chosen FOR...asking Him to rearrange and add to those letters to help me live FROM. 
That's my prayer for you today, too.
~Julie 
#simpletruth @first5app @proverbs31ministries #first5 

No comments:

Post a Comment