Monday, August 17, 2015

Perfect Peace in my Pieces


I was scrambling in my living room to have my time with the Lord, while my mind was scrambling a thousand other places, a thousand miles an hour. 
I was thinking about everything ahead in this coming season...all I knew and didn't even know-  and it had me in a dead panic in my mind. 
And then, before I even sat down to get in the Word, the Holy Spirit brought this verse up in my spirit:

“You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!”
Isaiah 26:3 NLT

Perfect peace. Not some version of peace- but perfect.
Perfect is defined as: "having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be. Absolute. Complete."
In other words, it is exactly what we need when we need it. 
Perfect peace.
Calm. 
From the inside out. 
It's learning to trust IN Him, rather than trusting things around and about Him.
 
Where you trust FROM determines the kind of peace you live IN

As we trust in Him, He secures us with the unwavering assurance that abundant life is His promise(John 10:10); therefore every battle we are facing is to bring about that very purpose.

He is the anchor for my thoughts in the raging sea of worry, doubt, and condemnation in my mind. When I fix my eyes on Him, I am no longer dizzied by the whirlwind of the world. I am locked into His gaze and I see what He sees, I can know what He knows: that every bit of it is for my good because He is Good. He is a good Father, giving me every good and perfect gift. 
(James 1:17, Romans 8:28)
Maybe not always the ones I want...but it's always the ones that I need

I have to live my life with open eyes and open hands:
Eyes open, fixed on Him.
Hands open, filled by Him. 

I have to stop looking in every direction hoping to see some answer for my questions- because HE IS THE ANSWER. 
I have to stop reaching in every direction to grab what feels and fills like I want it, when I want it- because HE IS MY PROVIDER. 

When I scurry around and try to piece together peace in my life, it only results in stress, failure, frustration, anger.
I am playing a game I will never win.  
It's time for me to stop worrying about the win and start focusing on the One.

What are you fixed on today? 
Believe me- I know it is hard to see past all that is screaming for your attention. 
But only One focal point will bring perfect peace

He doesn't promise to remove whatever is raging in your life, but He promises to love, grow, and be with you through it. 
That is perfect peace. 

#SimpleTruth 

“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.”
2 Thessalonians 3:16 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment