Wednesday, September 9, 2015

How to Walk When Waters Rise


"Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him." Proverbs 30:5 

Genesis 8 is a great reminder that like Noah in the flood, the Truth of God's word and our obedience to it are our lifeline.
 In every storm and in every season, we have to: 
turn toward His truth, 
trust He is for us, and 
trudge forward. 
It may be scary, it may be exhausting, it may cause us to be brave when we don't want to be, and the choices we make may cause people to think we are crazy, but obedience isn't about pleasing others- it's about trusting God's plan.
 
Moving with Him step by step- or maybe as Noah would say, hammer by hammer. Galatians 5:25 says,
 "Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit." 
Today, I am trying to get in sync. 
To trust His gait. 
To believe that even at a sweaty sprint or soothing stroll, He has a plan for my good. 

Noah shut the door on the right side of obedience- world outside, and him with God. And that is where I want to be found when the floodwaters rise. 
Even if I have the blisters and the callouses from keeping His way and trusting His word...I know my hope is with Him. 

So if you see me walking funny, or out of breath, or frozen in my tracks, or turning an uncommon direction, or bumbling through an unusual stride...I'm just doing all I can to keep in step with God. 
He alone knows the way to my ark...and that is peace for my every storm. 

#SimpleTruth #first5 @first5app @proverbs31ministries 

No comments:

Post a Comment