Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Breakfast with Daddy



"I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name"
-"He Knows My Name"
 by Franscesca Batistelli. Listen here.
(full lyrics at end of post)


He woke me up with a phone call. 
It was my daddy.
He asked what I was doing at the moment, then he told me he was taking me to breakfast.
Because that is the way my daddy loves- on purpose and without hesitation.
And I needed that kind of love that rushes in and saves me from myself and my crazy.
I was sinking in the quick sand of life and listening to lies that screamed loud to define me.
And my daddy came to get me.

It's the kind of love that reaches back to where he sees me walking and loves me in that place. 
Not because of how I am walking through it, not in spite of my walking in that place. 
No, he loves me completely separate of any place he happens to find me wandering.
He just loves me.
I am his child. 

There is no accomplishment that changes that. There is no failure that taints that. There is no thing I can do to strengthen that truth. 
It simply is.

He loves me when I see clearly, he loves me when I walk blindly towards the cliffs of life.
He loves me when I soar on the heights of who I am, he loves me when I wallow in the muck of the worst of me.
He just loves me.

He loves me...and when he sees the world spewing lies all around me, he pulls me out of those moments and I can look into his eyes and I am just his little girl, wholly and completely loved, even as I sit a mess at the breakfast table.

And so my earthly daddy showed me the truth of my Heavenly Father on a random Tuesday morning of this life. 
That I can pull up a mess to the table He spreads before me and know I am loved.
Not because of what I have or haven't done...but just simply because of this truth: I am His child.
I am adored because of that truth alone.

There is nothing I can do to make Him love me more and there is nothing I can do to make Him love me less.
He rushes in to save me from myself and my crazy, without hesitation.
My Daddy will always come to get me.
He is mighty to save.

He knows your name.
He knows you- all of you....and loves you just as you are.
Accept the invitation.
Pull up to the table.
Look into your Father's eyes.
When you see that kind of love, it changes you.
You are so adored.

Post/Tweet this #SimpleTruth today:
"There is nothing I can do to make God love me more and there is nothing I can do to make Him love me less."- @JuliePMac #SimpleTruth

"For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.” 
Zephaniah 3:17 NLT

"But now, this is what the Lord says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."
Isaiah 43:1 NIV

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."
Romans 8:14-16 NIV

"He Knows My Name"
Spent today in a conversation
In the mirror face to face with
somebody less than perfect
I wouldn't choose me first if
I was looking for a champion
In fact I'd understand if
You picked everyone before me
But that's just not my story
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing

[Chorus:]
I don't need my name in lights
I'm famous in my Father's eyes
Make no mistake
He knows my name
I'm not living for applause
I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name oh, oh,
He knows my name oh, oh

I'm not meant to just stay quiet
I'm meant to be a lion
I'll roar beyond a song
With every moment that I've got
True to who You are
You saw my heart
and made
Something out of nothing

[Chorus]

He calls me chosen, free forgiven, wanted, child of the King,
His forever, held in treasure...
I am loved

I don't need my name in lights...
I'm famous in my Father's eyes...





No comments:

Post a Comment