Monday, November 2, 2015

God is Not a Spectator


Some days are slippery and you need truth that is sticky...that holds on to you as you hold tight to it. Today,
as I was digging for this kind of grabby truth, the Holy Spirit led me to these words: 

“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8

When God says He will NEVER do a thing, we sometimes glaze past what it truly means. 
He says He will NEVER forsake us. 
This means he will ALWAYS do the opposite of forsaking us: 
harbor, have, hold, keep, redeem, rescue, save, reclaim, adopt, advocate, cherish, defend, favor, maintain, protect, pursue, support, uphold, vindicate. 

It's even more than Him just being present in my life- as if that weren't enough! My God isn't just a spectator as I spin round on this globe. No- He is constantly ACTIVE in my life. 
For me, these words take the blinders off of my limited perspective of God's involvement and investment in every piece and part of my life. 
THIS is His PROMISE for you in the middle of your circumstance. 

That unknown in front of you? 
God has already been there. 
Done that. 
Prepped it for your arrival. 
And now He's walking straight into it WITH you, showing you every step, every leap, every sprint required for Victory. 

Fear is a liar and a power sucker. 
God is Truth and your Power Source. 

Don't be afraid- be amazed. 
Don't be discouraged- be encouraged. His promises will not fail. 

#SimpleTruth for your day. 
~Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment